About National Board for Quality Promotion (NBQP)
Realizing the need that the country requires establishment of quality culture to support economic growth, Quality Council of India (QCI) started National Quality Campaign (NQC) for which a NQC Committee was established in February 1999. The main focus of the committee was to conduct various industry – focused programs to improve quality and competitiveness across different sectors of industry.
Initially, the National Quality Campaign was funded through contributions made by six ministries/departments of Government of India. In the 7th Annual Meeting of QCI – April 11, 2005 based on the recommendation of the 15th Governing Body to reorganize its campaign activities it was decided to up-grade the National Quality Campaign Committee as National Board for Quality Promotion (NBQP) in February 28, 2007. NBQP, is one of the integral boards of QCI.
The Board operates on the Vision for building “Quality for National Wellbeing”. It endeavors to work towards this vision by promoting application of quality management standards and statistical quality tools, enabling industry to improve quality competitiveness of industry in general and SME sector in particular, and also by empowering the consumers to demand quality and create pressure on suppliers to deliver the same.
The National Board for Quality Promotion (NBQP), works with the Mission statement of “Being a catalyst for the promotion of Quality movement amongst all stakeholders” to essentially achieve the Objectives as follows;
- Creation of Quality management platform for enhancing Quality system
- Creation of support structures for engagement of stakeholders in enhancing the Quality movement
- Facilitation on improvement of Quality of Processes and Services
- Enhancement of Quality awareness amongst key sectors
- Propagation and support for improving the efficiencies, effectiveness of public services deliveries
- Motivation for Continual Improvement in processes by recognizing best practices on Quality through various platforms
By initiating Quality Conclaves, Quality Awards, Quality Awareness Programs, Registration Schemes, Assessment projects, Projects related to System Improvements on QHSE, Energy, etc. it sensitizes the manufacturing sectors largely as well as its connected service sectors, thereby enabling industries to improve quality competitiveness amongst SME’s.